Wildflower Villas Near Candolim & Betim
Wildflower Villas is an eco boutique resort that is set on a lush 8-acre plantation-like landscape that seamlessly merges into the surrounding foliage. The resort offers accommodations of individual cottages inspired by traditional Goan homes, a restaurant serving healthy cuisine specialized in local fare, verdant grounds showcasing local flora and fauna, impressive views from its hilltop location, and a large eco-friendly infinity pool. Created to promote environmentally conscious travel, this charming resort provides the ultimate in leisure, comfort and tranquillity.
Wildflower Villas is open all year round.
Wildflower Villas is an enchanting boutique resort located off the bustling Candolim road, on a verdant and scenic 8 acre hilly property, overlooking the Sinquerim river and the Aguada bay in the distance. Wildflower Villas is a “Green” resort that not only showcases Goa’s botanical diversity with over 1500 new trees and plants planted to add to the natural ecology, but is also an exercise in sustainability, where environmentally sound choices have been made in practically all aspects of the resort’s practices,
Wildflower Villas offers only seven rooms over five individual Goan-styled cottages over the vast property, each accommodation elegant, charming and airy, while the restaurant serves up authentic and healthful Goan cuisine. With private sit-outs and look-outs spread across this enchanting lush property and an ionized infinity pool to boot (utilizing minimum chlorine so its water may be recycled for the grounds), Wildflower Villas is an ideal choice for travellers seeking to “get away” in an ecologically oriented resort without compromising on comfort or charm.
The way and pace of life at the Wildflower Villas is decided entirely by you – laze in a hammock with a book, take a walk, or simply relax in the infinity pool.
Wildflower Villas offers 7 rooms over 5 individual cottages. The cottages have been inspired by the archetypical Goan home, each offering a balcao (a large veranda), airy bedrooms with large windows or double doors, and semi-open bathrooms comprising indoor and outdoor spaces with sunlight filtering through slatted wood. The many doors open onto the verandas overlooking at the gardens, the river and paddy fields.
The cottages have been built to allow ample natural light and ventilation so that the air-conditioners are rarely required. The interiors have been styled in classic Goan furniture, locally made terracotta light fixtures and traditional mud tiles that not only keep the floors cool, but also help prevent arthritis; a few rooms boast the traditional in-situ flooring.
The resort has been built so guests may enjoy the natural ambiance of its lush property, however, each cottage provides a television with cable network, and WiFi facility are available in the common areas.
- Desert Marigold is a single room villa overlooking the pool, the valley and the river with private balco, four-poster bed and en-suite traditional Goan bathroom.
- Red Poppy is a 2 room villa set on an elevation with superb views, w/ share a living area and a large front veranda with day bed. Each room has an attached bathroom.
- Lemon Mint is a single room villa in a private spot; featuring separate living room w/ a classic sofa ,a cozy balcao, bedroom w/ large semi-circular windows offering garden & river view,and large bathroom with separate in-situ tub and shower area.
- Evening Primrose is a spacious one room villa with many doors opening to a large wrap-around veranda offering panoramic views; a large, semi-open sunny bathroom w/ orange walls and traditional in-situ floors in sky blue.
- Golden Lupin is a 2 room Family Villa with a double four poster bed in one room and two large single beds in other- each with en-suite baths; traditional Indian style seating with floor cushions and throw pillows in common living.
Wildflower Resorts is the creation of Goan native, Amol Navalkar, who is passionate about Goa and its rich natural heritage. The concept of Wildflower Villas was dreamt long ago, as a reaction to “the unplanned construction and destruction of natural habitat that has been going on in Goa”. The resort was built as a place where guests can enjoy the natural beauty and tropical serenity of Goa.
I believe that the only sustainable way of living is in harmony with nature, is Amol’s credo. In this endeavour, only 5 villas have been built on the 8 acre property. Over 1500 trees and plants have been planted to enhance the natural green cover, showcasing Goa’s native flora. The trees that have fallen naturally over the years have been recycled useful and creative pieces of art displayed at the resort. The resort additionally grows a number of herbs and medicinal plants. This evergreen environment attracts a large number of birds, butterflies and dragonflies.
Built in traditional Goan style, the Wildflower villas pay homage to the architectural simplicity and aesthetic richness of the time-honoured design, while balancing traditional craftsmanship with unobtrusive modern touches.